Operations assistance and passenger information
With the development of urban sprawl, the need for mobility is on the increase, and this goes hand-in-hand with the problems of congestion. In addition, the pollution associated with personal road transport (cars and trucks) necessitates a rethinking of mobility, from a more ecological perspective.
MOBILITX: A new generation of real time passenger information
Promoting the intermodal use of public means of transport; boosting the appeal of the big towns and cities; making available national, global, relevant and reliable real-time information for a town or a rail network, ahead of travel and during the journey: these are the challenges addressed by MOBILITX, the real-time passenger information system from DIGINEXT.
What travellers need is to know at any given time the most appropriate travel solution, and in a context where such solutions are neither constant over time nor identical day-by-day, it is necessary to be able to centralise and consolidate all the information associated with the mobility solutions.MOBILITX provides a global solution built around:
- a real-time IT hub enabling real-time processing of several data streams, matching them up and distributing them toward various types of broadcast media (Internet, variable message displays, etc.)
- a GIC ("Circumstantial Information Management") module enabling the traffic regulator, based on predefined scenarios and/or preformatted messages, to inform travellers in real-time of any disruptions (incidents, accidents, delays, etc.)
- Helping to ensure normal operation of the means of public transport
- Supervising the transport infrastructures
- Providing travellers with their desired routes, and the actual waiting and travel times, in normal or disrupted situations.
- Taking account of personal and collective media to support travellers throughout their journeys.
- Providing travellers with a cultural and/or fun interactive experience
- Native incorporation of the latest interoperability standards and norms (Transmodel, Netex, SIRI, etc.)
- Enables reception and distribution of information and repositories from the various existing operational support systems, for the operator travel information managers.
- Processes "Open Data"-type public data along with Web 2.0 community data
- Modular, adaptable and scalable architecture:
- High service availability (24/7)
- Easy configuration and supervision
- Possibility of providing the solution in project or hosting mode
Since its creation, DIGINEXT has applied its skills to the implementation of turnkey projects in the field of public transport. For these systems, DIGINEXT provides not just its technical skills but also its business know-how, enabling it to grasp quickly the issues facing its clients.
Vehicle fleet management (buses)
To provide real-time monitoring of public transport vehicles and large vehicle fleets, DIGINEXT has developed systems for managing the communications and localisation of buses, trucks, cars, motorbikes, and trains, whether they are on their routes, or off any known route, within or without GPS coverage, on the move or parked up. The system uses the existing wireless network for the vehicle fleet.
Voice terminals for the Tetra network
As part of the overhaul of the analog wireless or 3RP networks with TETRA technology, DIGINEXT provides a generic operator terminal capable of interfacing with the main existing networks:
- via API,
- via AIR interface.
This generic and configurable operator terminal is designed to cover the communication needs of all local authority operators: transport (bus, underground, rail), security, policy, municipal services.
This operator terminal is configured according to the user profile and supervised by a management server (2SC) that provides configuration management for all operator terminals deployed.
DIGINEXT has developed a software suite to address terminal management requirements (top-ups, collection & control and operation of electronic ticket payments). This solution is notably in place for the NAVIGO contactless pass used on the RATP urban transport network in Paris.
- DIGINEXT's wealth of experience in the production, integration and maintenance of operations and information systems for urban passenger transport
- Understanding of the business aspects of transport network operations
- Experience in the development and implementation of the following business components:
- Vehicle fleet management
- Voice terminals for the TETRA network
- Remote ticketing